Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Closing in on Soxtober!

We are exactly one week away from October! I'm getting pretty eager, if you can't tell. The AL East and West winners have been decided. For the first time since 2007 the Red Sox have won the AL East! They were the first AL team to clinch, followed by the Oakland A's clinching the West for the second year in a row. The Dodgers have been sitting comfortably, having had the NL West title for almost a week now and the Braves have won the NL East title for the first time since 2005. The Central teams are taking it down to the wire, especially in the NL. It has turned into an all-out battle for the division between the Cards, Reds and Pirates. Personally, I'm pulling for Pittsburgh. Talk about an underdog. Either way, all three have secured a spot in the playoffs, which is sure to cause a stir in the wildcard round. I could easily see these teams burning out quickly after battling their way through September. The AL has left their wildcard spaces up for grabs, but the most likely prospects are the Indians and Rays, as I suspect the Tigers will be clinching within their next game or two. So, everybody! Get ready for the most exciting month of sports. Call it what you will, my two favorites are Soxtober and Choptober. Ironically enough, those are the two teams I'd love to see make it all the way. That way, I'd be able to see the Sox play IN THE WORLD SERIES. IN ATLANTA. It'd be paradise. And it'd probably make me broke, because of course I'd want to go to every game possible.. Thanks for letting me fantasize. We'll see how it all unfolds..

No comments:

Post a Comment