Monday, October 14, 2013

The Greatest Day in Boston Sports History

Or at least that's what the announcers keep saying. Good lord! I was in such excitement shock that I almost forgot to blog about it.

Let's start with the New England Patriots. First off, I hate the Saints! I have always thought they have the most obnoxious fans who continuously start arguments with barely any post-season ground to stand on. They're like Yankees fans, using old stats and city morale to fill their big loud mouths in an attempt to come off as intelligent. I'm all for supporting your team, but if you're a sore loser and a sore winner? Forget it, I'm not talking to you. 
 
That being said, thank god we beat them. I was seriously worried about this one near the end, especially when we turned the ball over with 2:30 left to play, down four points. On top of that we had like four injuries in this dang game. The Saints were undefeated up until this point.. but by some miracle Tom Brady pulled out a game-winning drive; 8 plays, 70 yards, 1:08. Check out the full recap, those guys can spit off stats better than I can. Man how I'm loving our team this year. But for my sake, can we not take any more games down to the last five seconds? Thanks. 

Now as for the Red Sox, that was the most impressive post-season game I've ever witnessed. Big Papi, Mr. Clutch himself. He left me and most of his team speechless. Just in case you live under a rock, I'll catch you up to speed. David Ortiz hit a game-tying grand slam in the bottom of the 8th last night. The first in Red Sox post season history. After thinking it was going to be another disappointing series of at-bats for the Red Sox, Papi turned the tides yet again. I couldn't be happier. And I could keep watching these highlights over and over. After that amazing example of how playoff baseball should be played, Salty drove in a walk off hit to win the game. On to Game 3.. Let's get the lead in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment