Wednesday, October 23, 2013

World Series Game 1

I can't say I'm surprised that we're here right now but I am very relieved we made it through the ALCS. So much ground has yet to be covered though. So I was thinking about it last night on World Series Eve; how has The Red Sox as a brand changed within the last five years? God, here I am applying everything I love to school .__. But seriously, think about what social media the sox utilized in '07. They had Facebook, sure. Maybe even a twitter. But the people behind the keyboards have so much more to work with now. Not a day goes by that I don't see and share an awesome picture that the Red Sox have posted. They're everywhere. Instagram, vine, even Pinterest. They way they integrate themselves into my social media makes me build and even greater love for them. It's sports marketing at its best, and I kind of have a love/hate relationship with how much I notice it.

Side note; apparently ESPN did a comparison of the social media usage of both teams in the series. I can't find where it is, but I heard about it and now I'm digging for it everywhere. I might just throw something of my own together, but we all know it'll be a little biased :)

But wait, this day and hour is all about the team and how friggin excited I am that they are one again in the series, doing what they do best. Best of luck, boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment